1) What is the National Disability Insurance Scheme?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new way to provide funding and supports to people with permanent and significant disabilities across Australia.
Agape I Care is a registered NDIS provider and delivers services across NSW.
The NDIS provides lifetime supports to individuals who meet the eligibility criteria. The supports are based on a plan that includes your support needs, goals, and aspirations.
We work with you to create a plan to suit your own goals and hopes.
2) Who is the National Disability Insurance Agency?
The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) is the organization managing the NDIS. They have been appointed by the federal government and are funded by the Department of Social Services (DSS).
The NDIA manages the administration of all NDIS funding and is able to provide information around how the NDIS will work, whether you or the person you care for is eligible, and how you can take part.
3) What is the difference between NDIS and NDIA?
NDIS stands for National Disability Insurance Scheme.
It is a new national system of providing support to people with a disability, their families, and carers. It focuses on providing real choice and flexibility to people with a disability through the provision of personalized funding.
People with disabilities who are eligible to take part in the scheme are called "participants."
The NDIA is the National Disability Insurance Agency.
It is a government agency whose role is to implement and manage the NDIS and ensure people with a disability continue to get the support they need.
4) How does it work?
If you are eligible for the NDIS, you will receive funding annually to purchase the services, aids, and equipment that you have been assessed as needing from the service provider/providers of your choice, such as Agape I Care. You can also choose either to self-manage your own funds, in which case you make claims to NDIS personally or else ask the NDIA – the agency established to administer the NDIS – to manage your funding for you.
As individual circumstances, conditions or needs change, NDIS participants will be able to apply to have their funding plan adjusted accordingly.
5) What services can I access under the NDIS through Agape I Care?
Agape I Care provides a range of support services to individuals with a disability and their families throughout each stage in life. We can support you to:
1) Become more independent
2) Transition from school
3) Move out of home or set up your own home
4) Access therapy services
5) Learn new skills
6) Strengthen relationships with family, friends, and others
7) Be a part of your community
We are also a registered NDIS Plan Manager.
Talk to us to find out more
NDIS stands for the National Disability Insurance Scheme, and it is a new way for people with disabilities to get funding to pay for the supports they need.
The NDIS provides people with a disability, their families and carers, with:
Agape I Care and the NDIS
Agape I Care is a registered service provider under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). We are experienced in the NDIS and have been offering services to participants under NDIS.
Can I talk to someone about the NDIS?
Yes, at Agape I Care, we can answer your questions about the NDIS and help you or the person you support get the most out of the scheme. Call us on (02) 7806 9837 today.
You can also contact the NDIS on 1800 800 110.
If you already use Agape I Care services, a local staff member will contact you before your area transitions to the NDIS to support you with the process. You can also keep in touch by following us on Facebook and Twitter.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) can help kids, teens, adults, and their families access much-needed support and services. Agape I Care can guide you through the NDIS process.
The NDIS program pathway for kids, teens, and adults ensure that all participants can access services that will enable them to reach their goals. Here's a quick overview of the NDIS Pathway for kids & teens:
1. Contact the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA): The NDIA will get the ball rolling for you. If you're already receiving government assistance, then you should automatically receive the information you need to transfer to the NDIS.
2. Meet with an NDIA partner or planner: Your NDIA partner will get to know both you, your child, and your personal situation.
3. Work out needs and goals: After spending time with your child, your NDIA partner will better understand the support and services your child needs to help reach their goals.
4. Develop a plan for you: Your NDIA partner or planner will help you develop the plan and submit it for approval. The plan will outline the services and support to meet your child's needs and help them achieve their goals. It will include everyday support such as that received from your family and friends, community support, support from your child's school or doctor, and funded support to access services related to your child's disability.
5. Select your preferred provider: Research and shortlist your preferred service providers.
6. Turn the plan into action: Agape I Care will work with the NDIA to manage your plan, including the funding needed to access services and support.
Information about the NDIS Temporary Transformation Payment (TTP).
Temporary Transformation Payment (TTP)
NDIA has introduced the TTP in the price guide for 2019 – 20. This replaced the Temporary Support for Overheads.
From 1st July 2019, providers of attendant care and community center-based activities can charge a higher support price limit. This is through the TTP.
TTP Pricing requirements
Agape | Care has to follow some TTP requirements set out by the NDIA. You can read about these in the 2019 – 20 price guide.
We have followed these requirements. We charge TTP pricing to a range of support categories. This includes daily personal activities, group, center-based activities, high intensity daily personal activities, community participation, social and civic activities, etc.
You can read more about the support items and find our TTP price list in the NDIS price guide 2019 – 20 and the NDIS support catalog.
© 2021 Agapeicare. All rights reserved.